NICU Case Management
Variations in treatment can lead to less than favorable outcomes for newborns.
ProgenyHealth’s evidence-based case management is deployed consistently across your member population.
- Utilization review ensuring appropriate resource allocations
- Accurate level of care coding which reflects the baby’s progress
- Peer-to-peer consultations to support high quality care
- Discharge planning that starts on day one, well in advance of when the baby goes home
Our consistent use of best practice standards delivers:
- Reduced Length of Stay – on average 2-3 days less than most health plans
- Reduced Level of Care Coding – keeps billing aligned with baby’s progress
- Satisfied members, happy to bring their healthy baby home –member’s rate our services at the highest levels of satisfaction year after year
Health plans have 24/7 access to reports in Baby Trax®, our patient-centric EHR
- Administrative Reports
- Utilization Reports
- Case Management Reports
- Quality Reports
NAS (Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome)
The widespread occurrence of Neonatal Abstinence Syndrome (NAS) called for a closer look at how to best care for drug-addicted newborns. ProgenyHealth partnered with a client to study the condition, which on average was adding 8.2 days to the inpatient average length of stay (ALOS) for babies exposed to Methodone in utero.
Our approach has yielded a 30% decrease in ALOS from national averages. Here are the highlights:
- Correlation of maternal therapies and NICU outcomes generated new corporate initiative with clients’ OB-GYN providers to better manage drug-addicted mothers during pregnancy
- Separate study supports effectiveness of combined protocol (IP/OP) for safe and earlier discharge