Take an active approach to your members’ postpartum health
ProgenyHealth supports a “fourth trimester” – up to one full year post-delivery – to manage chronic conditions, oﬀer breastfeeding support, screen for behavioral health issues, and support contraception planning during the postpartum period.
The postpartum period is a transformative phase following childbirth. Navigating the challenges during this time requires comprehensive support that extends beyond traditional maternity care. With studies showing that over 50% of maternal mortality occurs following childbirth, the postpartum period is a critical phase for mothers and infants.
Challenges of Postpartum:
The postpartum phase encompasses a wide range of physical, emotional, and logistical challenges. New mothers often face post-delivery hurdles such as depression, breastfeeding difficulties, and issues with transitioning back to work. These challenges underscore the need for a holistic, comprehensive approach to address the unique needs of each family – especially following a NICU admission.
Solving Postpartum Challenges:
ProgenyHealth’s Maternity and NICU Care Management program helps members manage complications, prevent readmissions, and receive up to 12 months of dedicated case management post-delivery to ensure a healthy start for every new family.
Going beyond conventional care, our Maternity and NICU case managers develop care plans that deliver a comprehensive suite of services:
- Health Screenings: Regular health screenings monitor and address postpartum health concerns ensuring a proactive approach to wellness.
- Lactation Support: Expert guidance and ongoing support for mothers foster a positive breastfeeding experience for both mother and child.
- Educational Resources: Our maternity mobile app offers a wealth of educational resources, development trackers, and to-do lists to empower families with the knowledge to confidently navigate this critical phase.
- Back to Work Support: Assistance for mothers transitioning back to work, addressing challenges, and providing support help to maintain a healthy work-life balance.
- Social Determinants of Health: Focus on identifying, addressing, and solving the external factors improves the well-being of the whole family.
Learn how Maria engaged ProgenyHealth to manage her high-risk pregnancy
Making An Impact
Learn how ProgenyHealth supports your members on their breastfeeding journey
Member Maternity App
ProgenyHealth’s mobile App supports members through the entire maternal care continuum
Solve your members’ postpartum challenges with up to one full year of case management
Discover how our maternity case management empowers you to provide unparalleled support during the critical postpartum period for every new family.