Personal Information Collected
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person. Personal information is collected in a number of ways when you visit our Website. ProgenyHealth, LLC may collect or track, for example, visitors who download articles authored by ProgenyHealth, LLC. Any time you access the Website, we may collect certain information you voluntarily provide to us, including name, email address, and other contact and demographic information such as age, gender, and zip code. We may collect this and other information when you use a service, leave comments, participate in promotions, or contact us for any reason. Such information is collected, stored, and used in accordance with applicable laws and in a manner appropriate to fulfill the nature of your request. Personal Health Information provided to ProgenyHealth, LLC on behalf of clients is also collected. This information is secured in accordance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of 1996 (HIPAA), as amended, and its implementing regulations.
Non-personal Information Collected
We collect and retain for a period of time at our discretion, certain aggregate, and non-personal information on visitors to our Website, which is data we collect about your use of the Website where personal information has been removed. We collect this information through “cookie” technology, which is a small amount of data that is sent to your browser from a Web server and stored on your computer’s hard drive and is used to store and track information about you. This policy is no way restricts or limits or collection and use of aggregate information.
We also collect Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. IP addresses may be used for the system administration of our Website and to gather broad demographic information that helps us improve the Website experience for our visitors.
Our Web servers automatically collect and record the following information:
- Visitor’s domain name
- Visitor’s IP address
- Information on which pages are accessed
- Name and release number of Web browser software used
- Operating system used
- Date and time you accessed our Website and how long you were on our Website
- Address of the website that linked to us (referring URL)
- Third-party websites
Our Website may contain links to other websites or Internet resources. By clicking on a link, you are leaving the ProgenyHealth, LLC Website and are entering another website or Internet resource that may collect information about you voluntarily or through cookies or other technologies. ProgenyHealth, LLC has no responsibility for or control over these websites. How these websites handle the collection, use and disclosure of information is outlined in their privacy policies.
How We Use Information
Generally, we use personal information to process your requests, to provide you with services or information you request, to inform you about other information, events, promotions, products or services we think will be of interest to you, to facilitate your use of and administration and operation of, the Website and services and products offered by ProgenyHealth, LLC. Personal information may be used for many purposes including editorial and feedback, statistical analysis of usage, product development, content improvement and/or customization of the content and layout of the Website. Information that you voluntarily provide to us may be added to our database for future calls and mailings regarding updates, new products and services, upcoming events, and for other purposes in accordance with state and federal law.
We may share personal information with our affiliates, services providers, and vendors in order for them to provide services for us. Any information is shared and protected in accordance with applicable law. We will not sell your personal information to any third parties for any purpose.
We will share your information with third parties only in the ways that are described below:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process.
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect you or your child’s safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request.
- to those persons that we engage to assist us in carrying out our duties, but only if they have agreed to abide by our policies with respect to protecting your information; or
- if Progeny is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets.
We may also disclose personal information in good faith where we believe we are lawfully authorized or required to do so, or that doing so is reasonably necessary or appropriate to comply with the law or with a valid legal process, such as a subpoena, court order or search warrant, or to protect the rights, property or safety of ProgenyHealth, LLC, our users, our employees or the public, including without limitation, to protect us or our users from fraudulent, abusive, inappropriate or unlawful use of our Website or services. We also reserve the right to report to law enforcement and regulatory agencies activities that we, in good faith, believe to be illegal. Information may also be disclosed or transferred as part of, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition, insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership or in any other situation where personal information may be transferred as one of the business assets of ProgenyHealth, LLC.
ProgenyHealth will not discriminate against you because you exercised any of these rights, including, but not limited to, by:
- Denying goods or services to the consumer.
- Charging different prices or rates for goods or services, including through the use of discounts or other benefits or imposing penalties.
- Providing a different level or quality of goods or services to the consumer.
- Suggesting that the consumer will receive a different price or rate for goods or services or a different level or quality of goods or services.
You have the right to ask ProgenyHealth for:
- the categories of Personal Information we have collected about you.
- the categories of sources from which the Personal Information is collected.
- the business or commercial purpose for collecting your Personal Information.
- the categories of third parties with whom the business shares Personal Information.
- the specific pieces of Personal Information it has collected about you.
Data Retention Policy, Managing Your Information
We will retain Provided Information in accordance with ProgenyHealth Records Retention Policies. If you would like us to delete Provided Data, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that ProgenyHealth may be required by law to retain certain information.
We have reasonable security measures in place to protect personal information while it is under our control. However, despite our efforts, no security measures are impenetrable. General e-mail is not secure and confidential or sensitive information should be sent to ProgenyHealth, LLC in an unsecured e-mail.
Feedback or Questions
450 Plymouth Rd., Suite 200
Plymouth Meeting, PA 19462
Or by email at email@example.com