Susan Torroella, MBA
Chief Executive Officer
As CEO of ProgenyHealth, Susan Torroella leads the development and implementation of the company’s overall strategy, champions growth and innovation, and oversees operations and financial performance. Ms. Torroella brings global healthcare management experience to ProgenyHealth and has a strong background in growth, operational scalability, product and service marketing and client cultivation. She is known for creating strong cultures and leading successful growth phases of healthcare organizations.
Prior to joining ProgenyHealth, Susan served as CEO & President of ArmadaHealth, a tech-enabled health services company where she spearheaded the capital raise process and served on the Board of Directors.
Previously, she was General Manager of Wellness Corporate Solutions (WCS), where she was instrumental in growing the company and scaling the operations, leading to its acquisition by LabCorp. Prior to WCS, Susan was President and COO of FrontierMEDEX, a global medical management company, now part of UnitedHealthcare, and previously served as CEO of Columbia MedCom Group, a medical communications company. Ms. Torroella also served at Schering-Plough (Merck) where she held global and US management positions with cardiovascular and asthma products. Ms. Torroella began her career working on maternal and infant public health initiatives for John Snow, Inc., in West Africa.
A dynamic, results-driven, business-building executive with strong relationship-building and team development skills, Susan has received numerous awards, including:
- FORTUNE Small Business Magazine “Best Boss” for results and corporate culture
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year Award Finalist
- Wall Street Journal Best Small Workplace: “Attracting and Retaining the Best Talent”
- Healthcare Business Women’s Association (HBA) STAR
- Baltimore Magazine, “Best Places to Work”
- PharmaVoice Top 100 Most Inspiring People in Life-Sciences
- Association of Corporate Growth “Deal of the Year” Finalist
- American Heart Association “Lesia Bell Volunteer of the Year Award”
- Daily Record “Top 100 Women Leaders in Maryland”
Susan is a graduate from Franklin & Marshall College and earned an MBA from the Thunderbird School of Global Management, where she was valedictorian of her class. She has also attended INSEAD (France) and Wharton’s executive management programs. Susan has lived in Africa, Brazil and Spain and speaks Spanish, Portuguese, and French.